Sunday, April 3, 2011

Defeated Exam 70-516

Last week I did the MCTS Exam 70-516: Accessing Data with ADO.NET 4. Luckily I passed it at the first attempt. Because there are still no official Microsoft preparation materials out there (the according book will be released in June 2011), it was not that easy to prepare for the exam. I used the following preparation materials:
The practice tests by MeasureUp are really nice. They give you a very good feeling about the focus areas of the real exam and can be used to effectively learn the content. What’s sometimes missing with the practice tests is the context. That means that sometimes in the real exam you need to know a little bit more around a certain feature than you get to know within the practice tests. So that’s why I would suggest reading the MSDN or even trying out some features by yourself within a little sample application.
If you’re going to do that exam too: Good Luck! I will head on to the next exam and post my experiences here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment